E-Club Hosts Battle of the Bands

By: Meredith Geller and Annie Meaney

After months of planning, Westborough High School’s Environmental Club presents a new and much anticipated fundraiser, Battle of the Bands which will be held on Friday, March 18. For five dollars a ticket at lunch and seven dollars at the door, come watch your fellow students perform live in the gymnasium at 7 pm.

Senior E-Club President Nikki Benoit came up with the idea to raise money for the Environmental Club. Senior David Benites and English teacher Ms. Dassatti used their passion for music to add ideas and help plan for this organization. From lighting to decorations, both are very motivated to make this a successful night for the E-Club. Along with entertainment there will be concession to kick the night off in full swing.

So how does it all work? The bands will be competing for a prize and it’s up to the students and judges to decide who will come out on top. There are three ways that the bands will be evaluated. First, students and teachers should log on to whsbattleofthebands.bandzoogle.com to listen to one song from each band. The band with the most downloads wins that section of the battle. Next is the audience favorite. Mr. Joyce has provided a sound meter to determine the crowds’ favorite. Lastly, there will be a panel of judges with musical background to give their vote. The judges include Ms. Dassatti, Ms. Pelletier, and three other outsiders.