Fundraiser for Meg and Joe

As many of you know, there was a tragedy a few weeks ago involving two small, elementary school children. Megan (eight years old) and Joe (six years old) lost their mother and father in a murder suicide. It has been hard for not only the children who didn’t understand the concept of “Mommy and Daddy are dead,” but for people in the community. Looking at articles recently about this incident, I have found that there is an education that’s been created for the children’s  high school and college careers called the  “Joseph and Meghan Bibart Education Fund.”  Once I found out about this fund, I knew I couldn’t just sit around and watch it develop, I needed to get involved.

First thing Monday morning, I talked with Mrs. Stoker about The Lobby-O setting up a fundraiser for the children. Luckily, I got it approved by her and Mr. Callaghan. Sooo readers, I am holding a fundraiser on Tuesday, December 14th, at the first Boys’  Basketball Game at 7pm. I will have a cute little booth set up towards the fan crowd and I hope that you all donate something towards Meg and Joe’s future.  Any amount is appreciated. I also will be making announcements on the morning announcements for rest of the week and reminders after every quarter at the basketball game. There will possibly be a half time activity to raise some money. Thanks for your support and I hope you all donate!