The Only Game That Matters

All the Ranger Football fans know this year has been less than stellar, but none of that matters anymore. Their 3-7 record is now gone, they’re 0-0 with the biggest game on the line. The Thanksgiving Day game is the single most important game for all the players on the football team, but especially for the seniors. This is the game that they will all remember when they look back on their senior football season. Algonquin is, and always has been, our biggest rival.

The Thanksgiving Day game always brings out the largest crowd and is the most anticipated game of the season. Every year, no matter what the two teams’ records are, it’s a toss up of who will win the game. This game means more than just another game in the win column, it also means bragging rights. During last year’s basketball season the WHS fan section always made sure to remind Algonquin when we played them the score of the Thanksgiving Day game with a “21-7” chant.

Westborough has had the upper hand in most of the recent Thanksgiving Day games, and this season is an overall better team than Algonquin. But all of that means nothing. This game is where the best comes out in every player. Both towns show up to root on their high school and watch the players play their hearts out. This year’s game will be no different and I expect our Rangers to fight hard and come out on top yet again.