Welcome Back, Mrs. Miller!

Welcome Back, Mrs. Miller!

By: Annika Olson and Lyndsie Graham

“I wish I could say I had a monster truck” are not words you usually hear come out of a teacher’s mouth. But then again, WHS Social Studies teacher Mrs. Miller is no ordinary teacher.

She is a quirky, fun-loving person and her bubbly personality makes her popular with many of her students.

She has been teaching for 16 years and she has just returned from a two and a half year maternity leave.

During her leave, she enjoyed spending time with sons Teddy, 5, and Luke, 2. She  also managed to still teach VHS psychology classes as she has been doing for the past ten years.

Mrs. Miller loves teaching; however, teaching is her second career.  Although majored in History in college, she did not go into education.  She first had a job in a corporate business, but left to earn her teaching degree.

Along with teaching, she enjoys activities such as family time, baking, jogging, and apple picking. As her job suggests, she is also interested in many historical figures, including Theodore Roosevelt.

He was a “most fascinating person, and he loved to be president”. She loves to read his books and even named her first son after him.

When not teaching or spending time with her sons, Mrs. Miller can be seen driving her gray minivan, proudly displaying her Westborough dump sticker.