L-E-T-S G-O Jessica Chaves, Lets Go!

By:  Christine Butler, Celina Morais, and Natalie Donabedian

Jessica Chaves, originally from Sunapee, New Hampshire, is the new cheerleading coach for Westborough High. Moving here to live with her boyfriend in Marlborough, she got a job at the Direct Care Center at Chauncy Hall Academy. She is also currently attending Framingham State as a Counseling Psychology graduate student.

Originally on the high school basketball team, Coach Chaves decided to experience something new and tryout for her school’s cheer team with all of her friends. The first day of tryouts, she flew and from that moment on, cheerleading became her passion. Along with flying, Coach Chaves also was a secondary base and a front. She cheered all the way through college until she graduated from Plymouth State, when she decided she wanted to take on the role of a coach.

Currently, Coach Chaves is on her third season of coaching. Her main goal for Westborough Cheer is team building while her personal goal is to learn more about the rules and regulations of Massachusetts Cheer.

She also plans on taking the girls of Westborough Cheer to compete for competition during the winter season. Her main focus for that season is bigger stunts, higher jumps, and more spirit.

“I’m really excited to teach the girls all that I know and learn some stuff along the way,” adds Coach Chaves, “I can’t wait to see how we progress individually and as a team.”

If all goes well, Coach Chaves hopes to return as the Cheer Coach in the years to come.