A WHS Alum Flashback: Alexa Raniuk

Alexa Raniuk, 19, currently attends Massachusetts College of Art in Boston. She graduated from WHS last year.

Alexa has many goals she wants to accomplish on her way to becoming a sophomore in college next year such as being accepted into Savannah College of Art and Design a world champion in equestrian, and being successful.

Alexa has had a strong passion for art ever since she could pick up a pencil or a paint brush. She loved using her creativity in painting when she was younger. And now, Alexa wants to begin her future in the Department of Animation.

Along with her busy art schedule, she enjoys hanging out with her friends, taking pictures, and competing in horse shows. She has also been a part of the American Quarter Horse Association for twelve years. She has worked almost all of her life reaching for her goal to be Youth World Champion. Her horse’s name is Elliot and they compete in several events such as, hunter under saddle, equitation, hunter hack, equitation over fences, and more.

Alexa misses seeing all of her high school friends’ faces every day at school. She still sees her closest friends, but “the good thing about college is that you get to see anyone and everyone,” she says.

One of her fondest memories from Westborough High School is her junior prom. She wore a beautiful blue dress with lots of beads and lace designs on it. She had her hair up and her blonde hair was shimmering in the curls. With the way she looked that night, she ended up winning prom queen. She says that this is one of her most favorite memories because everything went so well.

She wishes luck to every graduating senior and advises them to live their lives to the fullest.

“For those who have graduated, work hard–but make sure you have fun because your senior year should be the best year you have throughout high school,” she states.