Let the Campaigning Begin! Student Council Releases Election Date

Recently, the WHS Student Council released a time line of dates pertaining to the Student Council and class officer upcoming elections.

On Monday, April 26th, the day school resumes after April vacation; nomination papers will be made available to candidates. Candidates will be required to obtain 25 signatures from members of their graduating class and 5 signatures from members of the faculty by Thursday, April 29th at 2:00 pm, which is the deadline to submit their nomination form to the main office.

On Friday April 30th, the election will take place where each class will choose its four class officers, and six student council members. Any one who is not elected on this date will have the opportunity to be appointed as a walk-on member of the Student Council.

During the entire election week candidates will be able to put up posters on bulletin boards. The posters do need to be authorized by an administrator before they can be placed on the bulletin board and cannot be put up anywhere else.

The Lobby Observer is pleased to announce that it will be covering the election and encourages anyone who announces his/her candidacy to report it to The Lobby Observer by going to Mrs. Stoker’s room (C115).