Jordan Connolly: Swimming the Distance

By:  Taylor Connolly and Nick Ramm

Jordan Connolly, junior at Westborough High School, has been swimming competitively for six years.  Connolly has always been a strong swimmer and excelled in swimming lessons as a child at Lake Chauncy where she now works as a lifeguard during the summers.

She started her swimming career at the Westborough Tennis and Swim Club at the age of 11 swimming for the Raiders. Connolly then went on to swim for the club team Evolution Aquatics for three years and then another club team Crimson Aquatics for a few months.  

Connolly’s best event is the 500-yard freestyle where she has earned a personal best of 5:30. She also swims the individual medley for the Rangers. She has been swimming for the Rangers since her freshman year.

Connolly loves swimming because it’s a full body workout. She also likes being a part of the swim team because “you see how hard work pays off directly because it’s personal improvements/bests…”

Connolly’s main goal for herself would be to get a new personal best time. She also states that “placing at sectionals or states would be great as well.”

Connolly usually swims in the 200-yard medley relay and 400-yard freestyle relay. Her hopes for her relays this year are “to break two of the relay records by the end of the season.”

When asked about future plans regarding swimming, Connolly notes that “I plan to continue swimming in college where I would mostly likely swim for a division three school.”

She loves the atmosphere surrounding the Rangers swim team and feels as though swimmers of all abilities and ages are included. The team’s record is currently 8-0. Connolly hopes that the team can remain undefeated.She comments “the program is smaller than many others at WHS which enables teammates to connect with each other more easily than in a program containing three teams.”