Mrs. Orlando: One of the Friendly Faces in the WHS Main Office

By Corina Gencarelli and Sarah Corcoran

Whether you are late to school, calling in sick, or need to turn something in, Mrs. Orlando has you covered. She has been working in the Westborough High School office for three years and is one of the main office secretaries. In the office, Mrs. Orlando answers the phone, helps teachers collect supplies, provides forms teachers need, and clears up any questions that either parents or staff may have. When asked how she feels about being the “face of the office” she says, “I like it because it is always busy and I believe it’s important to make a good impression.

Mrs. Orlando attended Aquinas Junior College in Newton, MA and majored in Legal Studies.  After college, Mrs. Orlando became a legal secretary for 25 years and was also a lunch lady at Armstrong Elementary School for 5 years, here in Westborough. In her free time she enjoys scrap booking, going to the gym, and comedy movies. These are just a few of her favorite hobbies.

Mrs. Orlando also shares that music and her family inspire her to work hard. “Living in Westborough since 1991, allows me to know many families in the town that attend Westborough High School.” The reason she started working at WHS is because she wants to spend most of her time helping students. Mrs. Orlando states, “My least favorite thing to do is giving out tardies because I feel bad.”

If you ever go to the office, whether it be to fill out a form, check in or just to say hi, expect to see a smiling face and a hard working person who is Mrs. Orlando.