Twilight: New Moon….A Guy's View

Yeah that’s right. We went and on the day of the premiere. And we feel totally comfortable about it, too.

The movie was a pretty good one, compared to the first edition in the series. It had a very organized, yet unpredictable story line (although it may not seem so to the fanatics who have read the book several times each). We gave the movie a seven out of ten, for the storyline, great special effects, and the overall ecstatic amount of cheering from the audience at any given time.

To most of the female population in the audience, the best part of the movie was every time Taylor Lautner took his shirt off which was just about every scene.

It was just constantly the same basic idea throughout the movie: Taylor Lautner, no shirt, raining/water, and some pretty amazing abs. Any excuse they had for him to take his shirt off, they used it. “Oh look you’re bleeding, here; I’ll take my shirt off”. “Oh look, you fell off a cliff; I think I’ll take my shirt off”. Or “Oh look, I’m a werewolf, I don’t wear shirts”. And the audience loved it.

The acting itself was good. Robert Pattinson played his vampire role well, his voice and expressions (or lack thereof) were very mysterious and elusive. Kristen Stewart did a phenomenal job as the lead, Bella. She made Bella’s emotional scars seem very deep and life-like. The majority of Taylor Lautner’s on screen role was mostly eye-candy, but he convincingly played his part as a love-sick werewolf.

In conclusion; while this movie wasn’t exceptionally amazing or mind-blowing, it’ll leave the crazed teenage girl fan population begging for more, while feeding the fire to the full blown pop-culture phenomenon that is Twilight.