The Inside Scoop on Cones on the Common

By Emma West and Grace Buffone

Ever since its opening last summer, Cones on the Common has been adding flavor and charm to Grafton’s downtown. If you’re looking to venture from Westborough’s classics such as Dairy Queen and Uhlman’s, this hidden gem is the place for you.

Cones on the Common features over 30 Gifford’s ice cream flavors ranging from classic cookie dough to s’mores, made with their unique graham cracker ice cream. Over 20 toppings, including gourmet sprinkles  and hot fudge, are available. Not only do they serve ice cream, but Cones on the Commons serves scones, muffins, cookies, lattes, coffee, and chai. Cones on the Common also offers gluten free cones and dairy free sorbet for those with allergies.

When you walk in, you are greeted warmly by the staff who are ready to take your order. To the left, shelves are lined with candy that customers can purchase. Small tables with bright, cheery flowers spread across the floor.  A cozy mint green color covers the walls and adds to the cafe vibe. Behind the counter, a huge chalkboard covered in brightly colored lettering lists the menu items.

Cones on the Common serves quality ice cream at a great price. A regular cone or cup (two scoops) costs about four dollars. Kiddie and large sizes are also available, and add ons such as sauces and candy will cost the customer less than a dollar.

In the summer, Grafton hosts concerts on the common at the gazebo in the center of town. Cones on the Common is located at the perfect spot to stop by and grab some ice cream during these concerts.

With delicious ice cream, affordable prices, and a convenient and fun location, Cones on the Common is a perfect addition to the center of Grafton and the perfect cure for your ice cream cravings.

Cones on the Common is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30am-9:00pm, Sunday from 10:30am-9:00pm and are closed on Mondays.

2 Grafton Cmn. Grafton, MA 01519

(508) 839-4898

Picture Citation: https://www.facebook.com/conesonthecommon/photos/pb.776148452496904.-2207520000.1462887298./873953606049721/?type=3&theater

Ice cream