Jordan Rager’s Long Awaited Debut Single “Feels Like One of Them”

Courtesy: BBR Music Group
Courtesy: BBR Music Group

By Jeff Arnold

Courtesy: BBR Music Group

After months of speculation and changing release dates BBR recording artist Jordan Rager finally has new music. “Feels Like One of Them” is the first single released by the 21 year old on BBR and is part of an upcoming album slated to be released some time in the coming year.

For industry insiders Rager’s name is a familiar one. After a short stint on NBC’s “The Voice,” the Georgia native toured extensively throughout the south before being tabbed as an opener for Justin Moore on the winter leg of his Off the Beaten Path Tour. Since then he has shared the stage with the likes of Kip Moore and Love and Theft, as well as headlining independent shows.

“Feels Like One of Them” is the most modern song that Rager has released. The mid-tempo track showcases his songwriting ability without being heavy in subject matter and feels polished production wise. Different than earlier songs, this one seems ready to be successful on the radio right now.

It makes sense. Rager has more experience in Nashville than some who are twice his age and with that comes growth as an artist. Different than some other young artists who produce songs that sound like they could be from any number of pre-existing acts, Rager has produced something that feels authentic and unique yet also tailored to mainstream country.  Although you hear hints of the influence of Brantley Gilbert and labelmate Jason Aldean, it maintains his identity which is crucial to the success of young artists in Nashville.

This should be the breakout song for Rager and although it probably won’t go no. 1, it still gets his name out there to a wider audience. Expect Rager to make an appearance on a major tour next summer and become BBR’s brightest emerging star.

“Feels Like One of Them” will be released to iTunes this coming Friday, December 18, and to radio this coming January. Watch an acoustic performance below: