Who let the Tiger out of the bag?

tigerwoods3

Tiger Woods gained his fame through his countless wins on the golf course, but over the past month Tiger has obtained a new claim to fame. Most everyone has heard of the Woods’ scandal (how could you not…it’s been in the news since before Thanksgiving!). The media has made sure that they cover every aspect of this young superstar’s private life. Everyday the story is changing and growing into something bigger and bigger. It’s obvious that the media is having a field day with this fiasco since Tiger’s hardworking, dedicated, and family image has been completely ruined.

Whenever I come across something in the news, online, or on the radio about this Tiger Woods scandal, I immediately change the channel, website, or station. Sure it’s an interesting topic to hear about because some of the stories are completely contradictory and unbelievable, but there comes a time where enough is enough. The media has a place in the world, but when it comes to plastering someone’s personal life everywhere for the world’s eyes to see, there needs to be a limit.

This is obviously a tough time for Tiger and his family, and the media is not helping. To me it seems immature to not leave this story alone. It’s bad enough that the media got involved with the car crash, but they have covered the affairs as well. It is really none of our business to be butting into.

Many people have changed their views of Tiger as an athlete and a role model. As much as the whole affair scandal disturbs me, what troubles me more is to think that people will change their views of this man as an athlete rather than a person. I’m not creating excuses for Tiger, his mistakes are his own mistakes, but I don’t think that someone should think of him as a bad person when he’s on the golf course. When he steps on the golf course he should remain the athlete he was before this whole mess.

Overall, I do not think the media should have become involved in the first place. Everyone makes mistakes and it is not the people’s right or place to judge this man and his family. Tiger’s fame began on the golf course and that’s where the media should remain.