Dress for Success: A True Success Story

dress

A fundraiser many people in Westborough High School have been seeing flyers and hearing announcements about is Dress for Success. This program is an organization for women who are financially disadvantaged, and although they have work skills, they cannot afford the proper outfits for job interviews and work.

Mrs. Potosnak, a Westborough High School business teacher is responsible for organizing this clothing drive. She got her inspiration from Debra Penta from Penta Communications. When Penta finds out about different fundraising opportunities and awareness nights, she often invites Mrs. Potosnak to bring some of her students to these events. The most recent opportunity was the Dress for Success program held at Union Station in Worcester; Mrs. Potosnak and six Westborough High School students were able to attend.

The students were able to hear from multiple organization speakers and women who have received help from this fundraiser. The women receive everything from jewelry to full dress suits that they will be able to wear for any job interview. Mrs. Potosnak along with the students who accompanied her were very interested in getting involved. They decided to make an effort to collect as much clothing as possible from the Westborough community.

Mrs. Potosnak exclaims that the response has been “just terrific!” She never expected the community to participate so willingly. As of right now they have collected over: 15 pairs of shoes, 75 articles of professional attire, 8 purses, and several other small accessories. The deadline for collecting clothes has been extended to this Friday, December 18th.

After collecting all of these donations, Mrs. Potosnak plans in January to take some of the involved students to drop off the clothing at the Worcester location. Her only concern is, “How will I fit all of this in my car!” However, this isn’t much of a concern at all considering it shows how successful this fundraiser has been.

If you still wish to donate, contact Mrs. Potosnak at [email protected]. If you would like to donate in the future, please visit www.dressforsuccess.org.