Voces Shines Through

by Sonia Vivar

Westborough High School’s new and upcoming club Voces is quickly reaching their goal to spread awareness of Latino Culture at WHS.  Club Advisors Ms. Hildreth and Ms. Snider, along with club leaders Dan Triana, Thais Viera, and Laryssa Guimaraes,  have dedicated their time and effort to make Voces a club full of eager WHS students who are determined to show Westborough High School their Latino heritage.

This group has already accomplished a lot in a short time.  The club earned money at Homecoming and also held  a very successful night at Noche Latina. Noche Latina, run by the club members themselves, worked to provide students and their parents’ information about college. A Worcester State representative visited the club during Noche Latina and informed the parents and students about Worcester State University and the college experience.  Noche Latina brought great success to Voces and the club managed to raise a lot of money.

Voces has also attended two college tours; one to UMass Boston and one to Emmanuel College.  The club has also traveled to a college fair at Regis College.

Voces is a club full of energetic students from Latino backgrounds including Brazilians, Mexicans, Guatemalans and more, but is also very welcoming to anyone who wants to stop by and join. These diverse students are eager to embrace their Latino culture here at WHS.