Creative Cooking Club and TAB take on a Fun Food Day Project

By:  Siobhan Burke

The WHS Creative Cooking Cub, advised by cooking teacher Ms. Leuci, is an after school club where students cook three course meals once a month for a women and children’s shelter in Worcester called The Friendly House shelter.

An authority member from Rachel’s Table comes to pick up the food and deliver it to the shelter after it has been prepared. “This charity act is really nice of all of our students to be participating in, we’ve been doing it for about four years now,” says Ms. Leucci.

The club also does a Fun Food Day once a month! This month the cooking club is working with The Teen Advisory ard (TAB), advised by WHS Librarian Ms. Celluci.  TAB is a library club.The teen advisory board read the book Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath and on Wednesday January 30 the cooking club is going to teach the TAB how to make waffles. They are going to have different styles of waffles with instruction on how to make each one.  There will be a variety of toppings like sweet toppings which might consist of chocolate syrup or strawberries and cream, or savory toppings which might include things like chicken and gravy!

This fun food day activity is a really good way to combine the different clubs and let everyone enjoy themselves with their peers and delicious food.