Winter Wonderland

Second semester is almost here and Student Council has a treasure trove of events in the works. After a successful December with events such as the Senior Center Dance, a visit to the Florence House in Worcester to babysit, Candy Cane Sales, Christmas Caroling at Stop and Shop, Uno’s Night, and “Toys for Tots” collection, Student Council has continued to work hard and has several events underway.

Katie Heffernan is organizing a free bake sale for students on the second day of midterms (food always runs out quickly so make sure to get something quickly). Winter Carnival chairman Fred Lu has been hosting committee meetings in the Student Council room to prepare for the annual Winter Carnival. Sophomore Ciara Bowser is planning a Lip Sync and Ashley Chiu is in charge of the “Minute to Win It” tournament. Other events include a 50/50 Raffle; Hot Chocolate Sales; Student, Teacher, and Custodial Appreciations; and collections for an animal shelter and the USO. Also, sixteen members of the council have been chosen to represent WHS at the annual Massachusetts Association of Student Councils Conference in Hyannis this March. With midterms coming up, Student Council will be at work so keep up to date with all of the new events that are coming up.