A Close-up Shot of the WHS Film Club

WHS is sporting a new student-run film club that has lots of promising ideas. Co-founder senior James Kwon and another WHS senior, Tyler Condon, came up with the idea of starting this club last year.

The objective of Film Club is to facilitate interest in films and film making techniques. Every Monday the group meets after school in Mr. Meyers’ room to not only have discussions about films, but to create their own. When asked why Kwon and Condon wanted to start such a club, Kwon replied, “The high school doesn’t offer any film making classes and we figured it was something that many students are interested in doing…”

Although only in their first year, the club already has some big plans in the making. They will be working with the Student Council to organize a film festival that will hopefully happen in the spring on the turf. Kwon commented, “Some different ideas have been thrown out there, someone even suggested we use one of the goalposts to create a screen to play the films on.” Right now the main goal of the club is to attract more students who are interested in films.

The meetings are very informal and relaxed. Anyone can join the club at anytime, and students are encouraged get involved.

When asked to explain what people should know about the club Kwon simply stated, “Join if you are at all interested in film, because it is always a good time.”

The future of this club looks promising, so stop by Room B332 to check out the Film Club!