Fall Sports Playoffs Update

Fall Sports Playoffs Update

By: Quinn Donovan

Many of the WHS fall sports teams are on their way to the playoffs. The schedule kicks off Friday night with the football team traveling to Nashoba to take on the top-seeded 7-1 Chieftains in the Central Mass Semifinal. The Rangers are 4-4 on the year and are looking to win five games in a season for the first time since 2009. They will be facing tough competition in Nashoba who came to Westborough earlier this season and walked away with a 34-14 victory.

The boys soccer team enters the playoffs at 14-1-3 after a stellar season. The Rangers locked up the third seed in their bracket and will play the winner of #6 Grafton and #11 North Middlesex this Monday at 2 pm at home. They are looking to repeat their successful post season from last year, when they won the Central Mass Championship and made a State Final appearance.

Meanwhile, the girls soccer team enters the playoffs at 9-7-2 as they secured the fifth seed in the Girls D1 bracket. They will play rival #4 Marlboro on Tuesday night at 6 pm under the lights at Marlboro Middle School.

The powerhouse girls volleyball team finished their challenging schedule with a 16-2 record, good for the #3 seed in Division 2. The girls kick off the playoffs against #6 seed Ashland Monday night in the WHS Gym at 7 pm.

The cross-country teams have each had terrific seasons as well, with the girls team jumping out to a 5-1 record while the boys have a record of 4-0. The teams are preparing for their district meet on Saturday, November 11 at Gardner Golf Course as well as the State Meet on Saturday, November 18 at Wrentham Development Center.