Laura Skinner: Thank you

By: Laura Skinner

I still remember my first day of high school back in 2013 so vividly. I was so nervous and I did not know what to expect at all. I remember looking at the seniors running and screaming through the halls in their tie dye and being extremely intimidated. At that moment, I could not fathom that I would be in that position only a few short years later- it was a totally abstract idea to me. Four years is such a long time right?

Well here I am, four years later. Only days away from graduation. I cannot imagine my life without this high school and this community. I grew up here into the woman that I am proud to be today. Although we all complain about Westborough High every once in awhile, I think we would all be lying if we said we would not miss it here at least a little bit. Personally, I have made so many friendships and memories within these brick walls and I am going to cherish these moments forever.

There are a lot of people along the road that have made my high school experience so positive. I would like to thank my parents for always loving and supporting me even when I got an 8 on a math test, my siblings for giving me advice and reminding me not to stress the little things, my friends for always putting a smile on my face and listening to me when I go off about random conspiracy theories I’ve read about on the internet. I really don’t know what I will do without all of you by my side next year, except Grace, Joe, and Evan (4 more years!!). I would not have been able to do it without you. I would also like to thank some of my teachers including Mrs. Stoker, Mrs. Potosnak, Mrs. Papetti, Mrs. Apuzzo-Langton, Mr. Huse, and many more for teaching me so many life lessons over the years that I will take with me throughout the rest of my life.

Thanks WHS, it’s been one hell of a ride.