Alexa Nichols: ALWAYS watch your friends’ games

By:  Alexa Nichols

With only one-week left of my senior year I have started to do a lot of thinking about my time here at WHS and how quickly it is passing by. As a first semester senior there is a lot of stress–whether it be figuring out what in the world you want to do with the rest of your life, where you want to go to college, what you want to study etc. And this stress accummulates while trying to juggle your school work, extra-curriculars, and college work.   It becomes very easy to get swept up and not take the time to enjoy the all the amazing “lasts” that comes with senior year.

Then all of a sudden second semester comes around the corner and suddenly you and all your best friends are beginning to figure out where you’re attending college.  You begin to realize the people you have grown up with and trust with your life will be suddenly living a completely different life in a completely different state than you in just a few short months. In summary you begin to realize that this whole “high school” thing is really about to come to close.

Growing up in Westborough we can all agree it is a community with overwhelming support and to many of us known more commonly as “West Bubble”.  I was born and raised here so to even imagine leaving all my friends and family who have been by my side since day one is absolutely crazy to me. I think something to remember is we are all truly so lucky to get to call a place like this town our home.  So as I embark on these last few months I hope to take less time viewing Westborough as “a sleepy small town” and begin to take more time enjoying and appreciating all the amazing opportunities, friends, teachers, and other experiences this place has offered me.

I know it may sound cliché but high school really does fly by.  Therefore if I have learned anything its that there really isn’t much time for “what ifs” or “I should have”, instead ALWAYS go watch your friends’ games instead of staying in to “study a little extra” or watch Netflix. Go grab coffee with your mom on a Saturday morning instead of complaining that you’re tired and would rather sleep in. Do little things like these because they do not last forever.  You will have all the time in the world to sleep in or watch Netflix, but you won’t always have the opportunity to spend time with that best friend from down the street or see your family while at college.

To conclude I would just like to thank all the people who have helped me get to the place I am today. I am beyond excited to continue my next four years at Syracuse University, but I couldn’t have done it without the overwhelming love and support I have received from all my amazing friends, parents, teachers, and the amazing Westborough Community as a whole.