Rangers Softball Looks to Earn More Wins

By: Lauren Carlo

Rangers softball is a little over halfway through the season and is currently 2-7 in the Mid Wach B league. The team has faced some very good, challenging teams and a few that were the right level of competition making some close scoring games.

On April 21, the Rangers showed up and played their hearts out against Quaboag Regional Cougars. With the Rangers having the opportunity to take a huge lead, junior Caitlin McCarthy came in clutch hitting a grandslam, pulling the Rangers ahead and starting their rally.

As for her grand slam, McCarthy commented, “I think it really gave the team the confidence needed to win the game.” The Rangers held on strong to their lead defeating Quaboag 11-1.

The Rangers faced the Groton-Dunstable Crusaders on May 1, with the score 0-0 until the Rangers took the lead in the sixth inning. Through the sixth, the Rangers shifted the pace of the game and put pressure on the Crusaders when they put up four runs, making the score 4-0. Holding on to the lead, the varsity Ranger’s took home their second victory and freshman Cassie Kadish threw her first varsity shutout.

With only a handful of games left for the 2017 season, the Rangers look forward to facing more schools in hope to earn more wins. The team looks forward to the Marlborough doubleheader on May 12, Algonquin game on May 16, Groton-Dunstable for the second time on May 19, and North-Middlesex Regional on May 24.