Week 6 rec ball wrap up

Week 6 rec ball wrap up

By: Mohammed Ramzanali

Team Morin took another win this weekend and now are in the best shape for the playoffs. They have officially clinched a first round bye. Shaw Taylor, Ryan Alexander and Zach Walker put up great numbers in their win. As the season progressed the top 8 teams got better and better so, can Team Morin lose? It is a possibility but the chances are very slim.

Team Meyer still holds down the fort at #2 with an unconvincing win against Team Philbrook but they keep on winning and that’s all that matters. Avery Andrews and Kevin Ji both played good games and they are going to need to keep it up the rest of the season and into the playoffs. As of right now they can achieve a first round bye with Team Morin but it is close and they need to win out the rest of the season.

Team Smith remains at #3. They beat a very good Hillier team. The type of game they played on Sunday will need to continue for the remainder of the regular season and postseason if they want any chance of making it to the championship. Cord Callahan finally put up some good numbers while C.J Smith continues to be the lead scorer for this team.

Team Barry is at #4 after their loss this week. Even though they lost, they still showed they can keep up with the best team in the league by only losing by nine to Team Morin. Joe Fitz scored 19 which is a great sign for Team Barry.

At #5, we have Team Vanheest. They, by far, have the easiest schedule in the league. They finally went up against a good team in Team Bersani and pulled away with a 10 point victory. Chris and Greg Amador looked very good against Sam Correnti and Ryan Nichols. Plus with Jack Vanheest and Tommy Moschella, this team has four really athletic players.

Team Bersani, Ruhl, Kelley, Hillier all reside in the middle of the rankings again. Team Bersani had a winnable game on Sunday against Team Vanheest. Even though people will say that they didn’t have Ryan French it doesn’t matter because this team revolves around Correnti. If he plays well this team will win. Team Ruhl won and that brings their record to an even .500. This is good as they look to beat a very good Team Bersani next week. Matty Ruhl had another good game but Aaron Wong but up 21 points which will be big going forward. Team Kelley had a good win and Max Polich finally has put his foot down as the leader of this team. Yet, it is still Polich scoring all the points and they can’t have that come playoff time. This team needs to figure out another person who can make plays to take some pressure off of Polich. Team Hillier can’t beat elite teams, like Team Smith this past Sunday, with only Eugene and Ryan Liu scoring their points. Tyler Stott has to emerge as another go to guy in this offense as well as other players off the bench.

The teams down below aren’t making any sort of progress. Hopefully in the last week of the regular season they can make something happen and get another win. But don’t sleep during the playoffs because upsets happen daily and any of the teams occupying the bottom can make something happen.

With that being said we only have one more week of the regular season left and then playoffs. Stay tuned for seedings and the official bracket.