NBA 2K16 vs. NBA 2K15

By Kyle Clarkson and Trevor McNamara

The new NBA 2K16 video game was released by 2K Sports on September 29 of this year. This game is the newest version of the NBA 2K series that is released annually now. In comparison to last year’s 2K, there have been many noticeable improvements to this year’s game. The new improvements make for an enhanced game play making it more enjoyable to play with friends or alone with the many modes available to play.

In contrast to NBA 2K15, the newer NBA 2K16 offers better graphics and more up to date rosters. As expected with every new video game, the graphics are even more realistic than before. The players’ appearances in the past few versions of this game have greatly increased and NBA 2K16 epitomizes that notion. With the up to date rosters, the game is much more authentic to the real NBA teams. Along with the rosters’ update, 2K16 also has updated player rankings as well as uniforms and footwear. NBA 2K16 offers the new Christmas Day uniforms as one of the many new jersey options within the game. In addition to new uniforms, 2K incorporates this year’s newly released footwear. It allows for players such as Lebron James to wear their signature shoe or their own footwear.

Whether a player has vastly improved or gotten worse, 2K ensures that the player is the right fit for his actual basketball abilities in real life. This feature allows for a more accurate and practical game play because players abilities are set to how fans and 2K raters view them. In addition to the player abilities, it also takes into account the player’s injuries. If a is gotten injured and is not playing that season, 2K will insure that this player is not available to be used because of his injury.

The newest career mode offered in NBA 2k16 trumps previously offered 2K career modes. This new mode allows gamers to take control of a player that they create. The created player starts in high school and the mode takes the player all the way through college and eventually into the NBA. This differs from from any other career mode because previously the new players had to start in the NBA and there was no opportunity to start the player at college or high school level. This new career mode relates similarly to the EA Sports NCAA Football video games that allowed for a career to start in high school and work its way up to college. This new game play allows for more options, making the game more entertaining and innovative from older 2K basketball video games that lacked this feature.

As of right now, NBA 2K16 is priced at $59.99 in most stores. Obviously as time goes on, the price of that will drop a bit. It is available in most video game sellers such as GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, or online at Amazon. 2K16 is better equipped for the new Xbox One as opposed to the Xbox 360 because some of the new modes such as “My Career” aren’t supported as well on the Xbox 360. The new games being released cater to the newer video game console such as the Xbox One and Playstation 4 (PS4). The game is made for all consoles, however, the game for the Xbox 360 isn’t the same because the “My Career” mode starting at high school isn’t offered for the Xbox 360. This likely isn’t offered because the developers of the game spent more time trying to make it better for the Xbox One, so new people will buy the Xbox One, allowing both 2K and Microsoft to make more money.

NBA 2K16 creates a more up to date and fun way of gaming for casual basketball fans who want to experience the most life-like basketball video game released.